الاثنين، 25 يوليو 2016

Microsoft HoloLens review



Update: We've overhauled the "Latest developments" section with all of the major HoloLens announcements since Build 2016. HoloLens, Microsoft's augmented reality (AR) viewer, feels like the future of computing. Being upfront, the headgear that I tried at Build 2015 was "early development hardware," and it definitely felt that way. But the potential, and how close HoloLens is to achieving it, is simply remarkable.
[Editor's Note: Microsoft didn't allow cameras inside the Build 2015 HoloLens demo room. These images are of a HoloLens inside a glass case that was just outside.] The moment I tried on HoloLens during a "Holographic Academy" session with fellow journalists, I thought, "This is like having a PC on my face." It's not quite that functional yet, but that's how the headgear, and what you see and can do with it, makes me feel. There was no gaming in the session I attended, like we've seen since (more on that later). Instead, I was a developer for 90 minutes, crafting an app in Unity and adding HoloLens functions as I went. With every new function added, like gesture controls and spatial sound, I witnessed how it translates into the HoloLens experience. The session aimed to show how easy it is to develop for HoloLens, but it also demonstrated what you and I will experience once it's out.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق